Optimum Function Lamb Stew.
This recipe is ideal for gluten free (depending on the stock you use), dairy free, Parasympathetic Metabolic Types & Fast Oxidiser Metabolic Types and very quick to make.
Pan or dish that can be used on the stove and transferred directly into a warm oven.
650g Lamb Chuck pieces – I used Newlyns Farm Shop in Andover’s meat on this occasion.
250g Organic Carrots chopped
150g Organic Celery chopped
300g Organic Sweet Potato
1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
250ml Organic Chicken Stock
2-3 cloves of garlic – worked out at a tablespoon when chopped
1 Cinnamon Stick
- Put the oven on at 180 degrees Celsius
- Brown the meat in a hot pan. I don’t’ add any oil because before long the lamb releases it’s own fats and browns beautifully.
- Once the meat is browned I take it out and place it in a separate bowl.
- Use the lamb fat left in the pan to gently cook the garlic (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next I add the lamb back to the pan along with all the veggies, stock and cinnamon stick.
- I now place this in the oven for 60 minutes.
- I will often just leave this in the oven even after the timer has gone as it just keeps the meat very tender.
- Take out and dish when you’re hungry
- Ta dah…